How We Gave Back to Our Community 2017
In 2017, we contributed nearly $2 million to our community through volunteer hours, grants, team member donations, fundraising, supply drives, scholarships, financial education and much more. Check out some of the ways we gave back:
- 5,219 volunteer hours donated by our employees
- $483,500 donated to local nonprofits
- 1,629 people participated in financial wellness training
- $40,000 in scholarships awarded to Valley high school students
- $607,000 raised for Phoenix Children’s Hospital
- 7,000 books, gifts and back-to-school items donated to Valley children in need
- $321,242 donated by our staff to the Valley of the Sun United Way
In addition to all of our ongoing community efforts, we recently launched the Desert Financial Foundation. Through this new foundation, we’ll be expanding our financial education programs, supporting local organizations and enhancing student scholarship programs.
We are committed to sharing our success with our community, members and team members now and in the future. Check out Desert Financial’s Year of Giving to see some of the unique ways we’re giving back in 2018.