Our Community Involvement
At Desert Financial, giving back has been a part of our culture since we were founded in 1939. Community Involvement is one of our four core values, and we demonstrate our commitment through donations, volunteering, scholarships, no-cost financial education programs, and more.
Through the credit union philosophy of “people helping people,” Desert Financial is committed to helping our members succeed and to strengthening the community we all share. We know that a strong community helps create more opportunities for everyone.
What We Do
We coordinate a wide variety of programs to impact our community. Our ongoing efforts include:
- Organizing more than 200 employee volunteer projects, which add up to nearly 5,000 hours of service per year
- Providing monetary and in-kind donations to more than 30 local organizations
- Raising more than $500,000 every year for Phoenix Children’s Hospital and supporting their 1 Darn Cool School program
- Facilitating a Valley of the Sun United Way workplace campaign that raises more than $300,000 every year
- Coordinating multiple employee drives throughout the year to collect school supplies, canned food, children’s books, and holiday gifts
- Awarding college scholarships to students who volunteer their time in our community
- Presenting no-cost financial literacy programs for teens and adults throughout the Valley
We give back nearly $2 million to our community each year, and we continue to expand our efforts all the time.
What You Can Do
Everyone can find ways to give back. Whether you share your time, money, or expertise, helping others makes a lasting difference in our community and in our world. Visit our Ways to Give page to learn more.
Check out more community involvement!Learn more