The material presented here is for educational purposes only, and is not intended to be used as financial, investment, or legal advice.
Desert Financial Shares Success by Offering Scholarships in Arizona
Desert Financial believes in sharing success to support education, learning and professional growth. We share success with local high school seniors, adult learners who are members and dependents of our employees by offering scholarships in Arizona! Learn more about our scholarship opportunities, as well as how we help our team continue their education through our InvestED program.
Founded by teachers, Desert Financial’s legacy of supporting teachers and giving back to education lives on today. One way we continue to honor our living legacy is through our scholarship programs. By providing scholarship opportunities, we’re helping students follow their dreams and helping adult learners pursue, change or advance their careers. If we can give someone the chance to build a bright future, then we can help shape the future of our community!
We recognize the increasing financial strain on families due to the pandemic. As a result, more students are in need of financial assistance for staying on track with their education. Also, more professionals seeking continuous learning have lost their job or income, setting them back on their path of professional growth. Are you in need financially or know someone who is? Get details about our three 2021 scholarship programs that offer $143,750 total in financial assistance.
2021 Community Service Scholarship Program
Our Community Service Scholarship program awards outstanding student volunteers who are passionate about paying it forward through community service.
- This scholarship opportunity is open to college-bound high school students who plan to attend an Arizona college or university.
- Applicant must have volunteered 50 or more hours between August 2019 – December 2020. The time period has been extended in response to volunteer challenges due to COVID-19.
- Amounts range from $2,500 – $10,000, including:
- 23 $2,500 scholarships
- One $5,000 scholarship
- One $7,500 scholarship
- One $10,000 scholarship
- 26 scholarships will be given, resulting in a total of $80,000 in scholarship dollars.
- An essay is required that includes a question asking how the applicant envisions volunteering in the community following the pandemic.
- The application timeframe is January 1st – March 1st, 2021.
As an organization committed to education and making lives better, we’re happy to support students who not only believe in our mission, but who are taking the next step toward their educational goals.
2021 Adult Learners Scholarship Program
The Adult Learners Scholarship program awards members who are seeking or in a profession that helps others, such as a teacher, nonprofit employee or nurse.
- Member must be 25 or older and in good standing with Desert Financial.
- Applicant must be enrolled in (or have plans to attend) an accredited college, university or certification program in Arizona.
- Applicant must demonstrate a financial or professional need. For example, being a single parent, caring for others outside of their household or experiencing a layoff.
- 25 scholarships will be given, resulting in a total of $50,000 in scholarship dollars. Each scholar receives $2,000.
- A short essay is required.
- The application timeframe is February 1st – April 1st, 2021.
Desert Financial strongly values ongoing professional development and continuous learning. Giving members the assistance they need to pursue their next goal is rewarding for us just as much as it is for them!
2021 Dependents Scholarship Program
We care about the families of our members too! We award a $1,250 scholarship to 11 dependents to help start them on their road to success.
Congratulating the Honorees
Every year, we celebrate recipients during scholarship ceremonies for each program. Awardees in 2020 were honored via Facebook Live and Zoom!
InvestED IN YOU!
In summer 2020, Desert Financial launched the InvestED program — our most significant employee work perk. Desert Financial’s purpose is to give back, and that includes giving to our team too. This program provides tuition coverage for more than 200 online undergraduate, graduate and graduate certificate programs at Arizona State University. This amazing opportunity is just another reason why Desert Financial has been named one of the Best Places to Work and a Most Admired Companies honoree.
We love to support the educational pursuits of high achievers! But that’s not the only way we share success. Learn more about our Random Acts of Kindness, community projects, member relationship rewards, exceptional experiences, and extensive work perks and benefits.