SCHOLARSHIPS FOR HIGHER EDUCATION
Reach your educational goals with support from Arizona’s largest credit union.
As a credit union founded by teachers, a passion for education is in our blood. We’re committed to helping community members like you pursue your goals, whether you are a graduating high school student ready to embark on a learning adventure or a working adult eager to increase your knowledge.
Click the tabs below to learn about our scholarship options.
- Completed 50+ hours of community service between August 2019 – December 2020.
- Have a 3.0+ cumulative GPA
- Plan to attend an in-state college or university in the fall
- Be a Desert Financial member (or related to a member)
- Show a demonstrated financial need based on Expected Family Contribution (EFC) from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
RECOGNIZING THOSE WHO HELP OTHERS
High school seniors who volunteer can apply for a Community Service Scholarship.
Our Desert Financial Community Service Scholarship program recognizes and rewards exceptional students who have contributed 50 or more hours of service in our community. Scholarship amounts range from $2,500 to $10,000 and are available to students planning to attend an Arizona college or university.
Applications for the 2021 Community Service Scholarship will be accepted from Jan. 1, 2021, through March 1, 2021.Apply Now
- Age 25 or older
- Desert Financial member in good standing
- Enrolled in (or have plans to attend) an accredited college, university or certification program in Arizona
- A short essay is required
TAKE YOUR EDUCATION TO THE NEXT LEVEL
Apply for our college scholarship for members ages 25 and older.
In 1939, fifteen courageous educators pooled together all of their money — just $78.75 — to found a credit union for teachers. In honor of their legacy, we created the Desert Financial Adult Learners Scholarship to help adults reach their higher education goals.
In 2020, 10 applicants were selected to receive $2,000 in scholarship funds distributed directly to the Arizona-based college, university or professional certification program of their choice.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
The application period for next year is Feb. 1 – April 1, 2021.
Mark your calendar and make sure to check back for information!
Ready to get started? Complete and submit the form below to apply for the Desert Financial Adult Learners Scholarship.
Thank you for entering!