WE CARE ABOUT OUR MEMBERS, OUR TEAM AND OUR COMMUNITY.
As Arizona reopens, the well-being of our members and team is our top priority. Desert Financial will continue to monitor CDC updates, and we are taking extra precautions to protect your health and safety as in-person services resume. We also remain committed to helping our community as we work together to build a safer, stronger Arizona.
MEMBERS, WE’RE HERE FOR YOU:
To help our members, we’ve permanently eliminated two fees:
- Excess Withdrawal fee for making more than six withdrawals from a savings-type account.
- Desert Connect Checking monthly maintenance fee (a savings of $84 per year!)
These newly eliminated fees join a number of other measures we’ve taken to help ease our members’ financial worries, including:
- Increased funds availability through electronic channels
- Loan modifications due to hardship
- Loan extensions up to 90 days for consumer loans
- Assistance on payments (forbearance) up to 90 days for mortgage, HELOC and business loans
- For mortgage assistance, please complete our Mortgage Assistance Application form
- Low-Interest Emergency Loan:1
For current members experiencing financial hardship due to a financial loss as a result of COVID-19.
- Loan amounts up to $3,000
- Low APR of 5% (Fixed Rate)1
- Up to 60 days before your first payment is due
- Repayment period of up to 24 months
Members can call (602) 335-6317 for information or to submit an application.
For questions and more information, please contact us through one of the options provided on this page. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we are experiencing higher-than-normal volume and wait times.
ECONOMIC IMPACT PAYMENTS (STIMULUS CHECKS)
A third round of Economic Impact Payments (EIP) has been approved as part of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021. Eligible members may receive an EIP, aka stimulus check, via direct deposit, paper check or debit card, depending on how their 2019 or 2020 taxes were filed.
- Direct deposits will be issued beginning Wednesday, March 17, 2021 to the bank account listed in your tax forms.
- Physical checks and prepaid debit cards will be issued beginning March 19, 2021 to the address on your tax forms or as updated through the USPS.
- You can check the status of your EIP online at www.irs.gov using the “Get My Payment” tool. We are not able to check the status unless funds have already reached Desert Financial.
The second round of Economic Impact Payments have been issued as of January 15, 2021. The IRS informs that eligible people who did not receive a payment, or who did not receive the full amounts, may be eligible to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit and must file a 2020 tax return. Read more about the Recovery Rebate Credit.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EIP/STIMULUS CHECKS
EIP funds will be delivered via direct deposit, paper check or debit card, depending on how you filed your 2019 or 2020 taxes.
- Direct deposits will be made to the bank account listed in your tax forms. If you did not elect direct deposit, you will receive a paper check or debit card.
- If you receive a paper check, we encourage you to deposit your stimulus check at a Desert Financial ATM or use the Desert Financial mobile app. Watch our mobile check deposit video for easy instructions.
- A small number of eligible Americans will receive an Economic Impact Payment (EIP) debit card instead of a paper check. This card works like a traditional debit card and can be used anywhere Visa® debit cards are accepted. Cardholders can also get cash back with purchases or at an EIP in-network ATM.
Please contact your tax preparation company directly for information on how to access your EIP funds.
Direct deposits will be issued beginning March 17, 2021. Physical checks and prepaid debit cards will be issued beginning March 19, 2021.
We encourage members to regularly check their accounts in Online Banking to see if stimulus funds are pending or have been posted. Simply click an account name in Online Banking or on the Desert Financial mobile app to view a list of recent transactions. Stimulus payments will appear from “IRS TREAS 310.”
If you are eligible for an EIP and filed your 2020 and/or 2019 taxes with direct deposit, your stimulus funds will be directly deposited into that account. Unfortunately, we do not have access to this information. Check your most recent tax return to see the account number you provided for direct deposit.
If you do not see it listed, you can check the status of your EIP online at www.irs.gov using the “Get My Payment” tool. We are not able to check the status of your EIP unless funds have already reached Desert Financial.
Unfortunately, you cannot change the account number the IRS has on file for you. If your account number has changed, your funds may be directed to another Desert Financial account if IRS requirements are met. If you no longer have an account with the credit union, Desert Financial will return the deposit and you will be issued a check mailed to the address on your most recent tax return or as updated through the United States Postal Service (USPS). If your address has changed, visit www.usps.com to request a change of address.
For specific questions about changing your account information, contact your local IRS office.
If the account is closed or no longer active, your funds may be directed to another Desert Financial account if IRS requirements are met. If you no longer have an account with the credit union, Desert Financial will return the deposit and you will be issued a check mailed to the address on your most recent tax return or as updated through the United States Postal Service (USPS). If your address has changed, visit www.usps.com to request a change of address.
Visit the official IRS Economic Impact Payment website for eligibility requirements and to check your stimulus payment status.
Chat with us.
Click the blue text bubble at the bottom right hand corner of the Contact page to chat with the Member Experience Center.
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
We're just a phone call away.
You may also call our Member Experience Center at (602) 433-7000 (8 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Saturday).
For information on credit card assistance programs available to you, please call the number on the back of your credit card.
Send us a message through online banking.
- Log into Online Banking
- Select Message Center
- Click Compose
- Select your account or no account
- Write your message and send it to our team!
Having trouble logging into Online Banking?
- Click here to reset your password!
Our Online Banking system is available 24/7 for your health and safety. Log into your Online Banking account to access your funds and manage your finances from the security of your own home. You can also download the mobile app below.
ONLINE & MOBILE BANKING FEATURES.
View account activity | Access your money | Check your balances | Make deposits and payments | Transfer funds | Update personal information | Manage your finances
ONLINE ACCOUNT OPENING.
Open a new account without leaving your couch! Our secure process enables you to join Desert Financial, or add a new account to your existing membership, by entering your information online.OPEN AN ACCOUNT
OUR BRANCHES ARE OPEN!
Desert Financial branches remain open at this time, with limited staff to reduce the risks of contact. Members are encouraged to use drive-thru windows and ATMs whenever possible. There may be longer than usual wait times at branches and by phone during this time. Please be patient with us as we work to serve your needs.
NORMAL BRANCH HOURS AND SERVICES HAVE RESUMED.
Desert Financial branch lobbies are open. Appointments are appreciated, but not required.
MASKS ARE ENCOURAGED FOR NON-VACCINATED MEMBERS
- Per CDC guidance, fully vaccinated individuals may resume activity without masks in public spaces.
- Social distancing is still recommended for non-vaccinated members and staff.
- We will continue to monitor our team’s health.
The following COVID-19 precautions are in place at our locations:
- Plexiglas germ shields at teller stations
- Upgraded air filtration systems
- Daily temperature and symptom checks for employees
Your well-being is a top priority!
NOTICE: If you are feeling ill, are experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID-19, have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days or are awaiting COVID-19 test results, please DO NOT visit a branch. Online and mobile banking are available 24/7 for your convenience.
VISIT YOUR NEAREST DRIVE-THRU BRANCH.
We invite you to do your in-person banking at one of our drive-thru windows.
Drive-thru service is offered 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Saturday for:
- Loan Payments
- Line of Credit/HELOC Advances
- Check Cashing
- Cashier’s Checks
- Money Orders
- New Debit Cards
13015 N. Tatum Blvd.
San Tan Village
2925 S. Market St.
17445 N. 79th Ave.
5690 W. Thunderbird Rd.
13200 W. McDowell Rd.
1262 N. Stapley Dr.
2355 S. Alma School Rd.
Southern & Greenfield
4330 E. Southern Ave.
4405 E. McKellips Rd. Ste. 101
3423 E. Bell Rd.
6633 N. Black Canyon Hwy.
7515 W. Encanto Blvd. Ste. 1
13875 N. Northsight Blvd.
8220 Via Paseo Del Norte
10725 Grand Ave.
Sun City, AZ
1245 E. Broadway Rd.
PROTECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.
We strongly encourage our members to avoid visiting a branch if you’re feeling ill, have been exposed to COVID-19 and/or experience any coronavirus symptoms. If you do visit a branch, please practice social distancing, wash your hands and take the necessary precautions. Thank you for your understanding as we help protect our members, community and team.
SPECIAL CLEANING PROCEDURES.
We will continue to follow best practices recommended by the CDC, and hand sanitizer is available for use in each branch. As always, our branch teams are available and happy to help you with your banking needs.
BEWARE OF COVID-19 SCAMS AND FRAUD.
Thieves and scammers may be taking advantage of the coronavirus outbreak to prey on credit union members. Remember, we will never ask our members to disclose personal account information through email, text and/or phone! If you receive a suspicious communication claiming to be from Desert Financial, do not respond. Contact us directly at (602) 433-7000 or use one of our other fraud reporting options. For more information on scam and fraud awareness and tips to protect yourself, visit DesertFinancial.com/Security.
OUR EMPLOYEES ARE A TOP PRIORITY:
- To help minimize contact, Desert Financial team members who are able to perform their job remotely have been set up for success at home.
- We are providing supplies and support for our employees to help keep their spirits up during the outbreak.
- Desert Financial and our subsidiaries are offering a variety of leave options for employees who are ill or need time off to care for their family.
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT OUR COMMUNITY:
- We are amazed at the way local nonprofits have rallied to help people in need! To help these organizations distribute essential resources during this crisis, we donated $550,000 in emergency funds to six Valley nonprofits supporting critical community needs amidst the COVID-19 pandemic:
- $150,000 each to United Food Bank and St. Mary’s Food Bank
- $50,000 each to Midwest and Desert Mission Food Banks
- $100,000 to Valley of the Sun United Way
- $50,000 to the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals
- We are continuing to work with nonprofit partners and the community to identify and address the emergency needs of local families.
- The Desert Financial Foundation has developed programming to help members and individuals facing financial difficulty, including webinars on crisis budgeting, resources for employers and more.
- Our Random Acts of Kindness and Teacher Appreciation programs are still important to us and continuing with new restrictions following social distancing guidelines.
Desert Financial will continue to monitor CDC updates on the virus, and we will evaluate any additional measures that might be needed to support you.
For additional information about COVID-19, we encourage you to read the latest Center for Disease Control reports at cdc.gov.
Details on Arizona’s response can be found on the Arizona Department of Health Services website at azdhs.gov.
1Annual Percentage Rate (APR) shown effective April 1st, 2020 and available for a limited time. First payment may be deferred for up to 60 days from loan date. Your loan will accrue interest during this time. For a $3,000 loan with a term of 24 months at 5% APR and a 60 day payment deferral, the monthly payment would be $132.16. Some restrictions apply, see a representative for details. All loans subject to credit approval.
2All loans subject to credit approval and program eligibility under the SBA. Restrictions may apply.