SCHOLARSHIPS FOR HIGHER EDUCATION
Reach your goals with support from Desert Financial Foundation.
Desert Financial Foundation is committed to strengthening our community by providing educational support and opportunities.
We proudly offer scholarships for high school seniors who give back to our community; adults (25 and older) who are pursuing certificates or degrees; and student athletes who have overcome obstacles.
Click the tabs below to learn about Desert Financial Foundation scholarship options.
- Be a graduating high school senior (spring of 2022)
- Completed 50+ hours of community service between January 2021 - December 2021.
- Have a 3.0+ cumulative GPA.
- Plan to attend an Arizona in-state college or university in the fall.
- Be a Desert Financial member (or related to a member).
- Show a demonstrated financial need based on Expected Family Contribution (EFC) from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
RECOGNIZING THOSE WHO HELP OTHERS
High school seniors who volunteer can apply for a Community Service Scholarship.
Our Desert Financial Community Service Scholarship program recognizes and rewards exceptional students who have contributed 50 or more hours of service in our community. Scholarship amounts range from $2,500 to $10,000 and are available to students planning to attend an Arizona college or university.
The application period for 2022 Community Service Scholarships is January 3 - March 1, 2022.
Please review these important application guidelines. (Please review the criteria within this linked document carefully prior to applying to ensure your 50+ community service hours qualify toward the program.)
Ready to get started?
Complete and submit the form below to apply for the Desert Financial Community Service Scholarship.
For any questions on the application, please reach out to Foundation@desertfinancial.com.
- Be age 25 or older.
- Be a Desert Financial member in good standing.
- Be enrolled in (or have plans to attend) an accredited college, university or certification program in Arizona.
- Write a short essay.
TAKE YOUR EDUCATION TO THE NEXT LEVEL
Apply for our college scholarship for members ages 25 and older.
In 1939, fifteen courageous educators pooled together all of their money — just $78.75 — to found a credit union for teachers. In honor of their legacy, we offer the Desert Financial Adult Learners Scholarship to help adults reach their higher education goals.
In 2022, thirty applicants will be selected to receive $2,000 each in scholarship funds distributed directly to the Arizona-based college, university or professional certification program of their choice.
2022 APPLICATION COMING SOON!
The application period for the 2022 Adult Learners Scholarship is February 1 – April 1, 2022.
Before you apply, please review these important application guidelines to ensure that you meet the program qualifications.
The application period for our 2021 Adult Learners Scholarship has ended. Check back for info on our 2022 scholarships later in the year.
Ready to get started?
Complete and submit the form below to apply for the Desert Financial Adult Learners Scholarship.
Thank you for entering !
- Graduating Arizona high school senior (spring of 2022)
- Current athlete in an organized sporting team (e.g., high school, local public or private club, recreational league or other formal organizations)
- Plans to attend an Arizona college or university
- 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
- Membership with Desert Financial Credit Union is not required
- 10 recipients will be selected and receive $3, 000 each.
- One scholar will be chosen by Krysten personally to be recognized as the Krysten Muir Scholar.
- Recipients will be notified in mid-to-late November to early December 2021.
- Honorees will be recognized at a Cardinals home game.
RECOGNIZING STUDENT ATHLETES MAKING AN IMPACT
Apply for the 2021 Arizona Breaking Barriers Student Athlete Scholarship, presented by Desert Financial Foundation and the Arizona Cardinals.
Krysten Muir broke barriers in 2015–2016 as a kicker for the Marcos de Niza High School football team in Tempe. She leaves a legacy as the first female to score a point in an AIA state championship game and to set the state record for points scored by a female in the season.
In January 2021, Krysten was in a car accident, causing partial paralysis. Desert Financial stepped in to support her and her family with a Random Act of Kindness. The Arizona Cardinals also wanted to help recognize Krysten and her outstanding contributions to local sports. Together, Desert Financial Foundation and the Arizona Cardinals created the student athlete scholarship. Inspired by Krysten, the program will recognize determined, resilient and impactful student athletes.
Are you a student athlete who’s breaking barriers? Do you know someone who is? Submit your nomination for the Arizona Breaking Barriers Student Athlete Scholarship, presented by Desert Financial Foundation and the Arizona Cardinals !
Awarding Scholarship Recipients
Before submitting a nomination, please review these important guidelines .